Women in International Security (WIIS) Italy is the main organization in the world dedicated to advancing the leadership and professional development of women in the field of international peace and security. WIIS sponsors mentoring and networking programs as well as formal and informal events focused on current policy problems. WIIS also supports research projects and policy engagement initiatives on critical international security issues, including the bond between gender and security.
- Producing groundbreaking research on women in peace and security careers;
- Fostering women’s leadership development and mentoring support;
- Promoting and developing women’s participation in democratic decision-making on peace and security;
- Expanding the WIIS network of women and men who are dedicated to women’s leadership in peace and security;
- Organizing formal and informal events about gender, peace and security themes;
- Cooperating with the Italian institutions to implement the National Plan of Action that supports the UNSCR 1325.